Depending on your requirement, there are two specialty fluids available for glass coating : 3M Novec 1720 and Solvay’s Fluorolink S10.
3M™ Novec™ Glass Coating – Novec 1720
Easy clean glass coating is designed for device surfaces to keep them looking good and functioning properly; they impart an anti-smudge, easy to clean surface for anti-reflective (AR) flat panel displays; pellicles; MEMS; fibre optics and other glass and glass-like surfaces. The ultra-thin coating is applied by spray or dip application to a device surface for consistent, full coverage.
- Low viscosity and surface tension make it exceptionally thin (less than 10 nanometers)
- Optically transparent so not affecting the look of the device
- Thermal curing adds chemical and abrasion resistance
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic: Excellent repellency for quick and easy clean-up of the surface from a variety of contaminants
- Anti-smudge: Resists accumulation of fingerprints, oils, liquids, grime and cosmetics
- Improved lubricity: Makes the surface feel smooth and appealing
- Low global warming potential (GWP) solvents and zero ozone depletion potential (ODP)
- Exempt from the U.S. EPA definitions for volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Not scheduled for regulatory phasedown or phase-out
- Low in toxicity gives a wide margin of worker safety
- Non-flammable and Non-conductive
Take a look at the video below to see the hydrophobic effects of a Novec coating fluid on simple tissue paper.
Fluorolink S10 is a triethoxysilane terminated, bifunctional PFPE used as a surface treatment for glass, siliceous surfaces, metals, and any substrate having -OH groups available on the surface.
A thin layer of Fluorolink S10 imparts outstanding water and oil repellence, friction reduction and antisticking properties to the treated surface and in addition, Fluorolink S10 has a low refractive index and a good resistance to weathering, solvents and abrasion.
Samples and trials of glass coatings materials are available on request.